Did You Know?

Did you know??
Although using avocados and bananas are all the buzz now to get soft and shiny hair, all it will get you is a messy kitchen and bathroom. These products are great to help your hair for one day, but the proteins in them are way too big for your hair to absorb. And unless you are going to use them each day (yikes!), then you should head to a beauty supply store and check out some Vegan products that use "hydrolyzed" proteins - proteins from avocados and bananas that actually are small enough to help your hair.

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Most Simple and Universal Chocolate Pudding

Photobucket

I am probably the biggest proponent of junk food the vegan community has ever seen. If it's covered in sugar or remotely associated with chocolate, I'm all about it.

Yesterday, after being forced to do P90X with Andy (yes, forced, I am also a very lazy creature) I felt the universe OK'ed a lapse in the dessert-free world I call my house.

I'd seen someone use coconut milk to make a very simple whipped cream, and it had been in my head for a few days when I had another thought: why couldn't I make a chocolate pudding with coconut milk? It wouldn't even be that bad for me!

So, I started whipping a can of coconut milk. It definitely was an arm workout, but in the end, it was pretty fluffy and light, which is exactly what I wanted. Then, I just added 1 cup of cocoa powder, and 1/4 c agave nectar, and whisked it again.

Here's the great part: It's so good, and so easy, this chocolate pudding can be anything. I used it as a dip for some amazing strawberries, and then I ate some of it like pudding, and then, when I was done enjoying that thoroughly, I froze it, and today ate it as an ice cream. You could even use it as a chocolate whipped cream. Really, there are some amazing possibilities with this.

And if you aren't feeling the agave route, try smashing some banana, or some strawberries, and using that as a sweetener. This will definitely weigh it down, though, so you might not be able to use that as a whipped topping, but as an ice cream, the banana addition is especially delectable.

Keep on keeping on, vegan junk food lovers!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! what a fab idea. Now I'm hungry and today I was trying to be 'good'. I have a can of coconut milk in the fridge, I may just go and dig into it with a spoon and bypass your delicious recipe completely :-)Love your blog.
    Pig x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      So glad you are enjoying the blog (and that I could tempt you into darker, more coconutty passions! I hope your coconut milk was delicious! Is it good all by itself? I would have never guessed...). Thanks for taking the time to stop by and say hello!

      Your blog is awesome too!

      Peace and love,
      Ashley

      Delete